Disclaimer: Some links posted may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission from qualifying purchases. Thank you for the support!
“The survey, conducted by OnePoll on behalf of Slumber Cloud, also found that, even though we spend so much time in our bed, only 53 percent of Americans can confidently say they really like their bed. In fact, three in four Americans (75 percent) actually think that their bed could stand to be more comfortable than it is.” – New York Times
I am not a sleep expert, but I will say that it took trial and error to get my bedroom to where it is. Early on during the pandemic, I found myself battling insomnia and not being able to sleep well. I share these tips from my own perspective, so take what you need. Ultimately, do what works for you and/or your family.
1. Envision – What type of environment do you want to have in your room and what is off limits in order to create that restful environment?
I knew that I wanted my bedroom to be the place where I sleep and rest. I can probably count on one hand the number of times I have eaten in my room, done work and so forth. Previously, I used to do everything in my room. It was free for all from eating and doing work. LOL. I had no boundaries but now I DO!
Questions to consider:
- How is the environment currently in your room?
- Are you sleeping well?
- What would you like to change?
2. Get a good mattress – I know it might be easy to skip this part because mattresses are NOT cheap, but a good mattress is life-changing. Experts say that a good mattress promotes better sleep and reduces stress. And to all my fellow millennial GIRLIES who are now GROWN GROWN, we can’t skip on this anymore.
When I was searching for a new mattress, I was overwhelmed by some of the prices. Due to buying a home in 2020, I was on a tight budget. However, I was able to get a reasonably priced mattress from Ashley Furniture. It was reasonably priced and almost 3 years later it has been my favorite. Go to furniture and mattress stores to test some out.
3. Invest in Quality Bedding – If you notice that you are always uncomfortable throughout the night, check the tag and the type of material you are sleeping in.
- Tips – Do market research on the best fabric for the type of sleeper that you are. Are you hot vs cold-natured? This has been a game-changer for me. ProTip: For my fellow hot sleepers PERCALE will be your best friend. I’m a bit obsessed. HA!
Bonus: The Importance of Sleepwear
Finding the right sleepwear can greatly contribute to a good night’s sleep. Although it may have been something you overlooked in the past, as you’ve grown and matured, you now understand the significance of this aspect. Sleepwear can impact your comfort and overall sleep quality.
Whether you opt for cotton or modal fabrics, both make excellent choices for your pajamas. These materials are known for their softness and breathability, providing a comfortable sleep environment. They allow for proper airflow, which helps regulate body temperature throughout the night, promoting a more restful and uninterrupted sleep.
To assist you in your search for suitable sleepwear, I have provided some links below where you can find a variety of cotton and modal pajamas:
Investing in high-quality sleepwear made from these fabrics is a great starting point to ensure you have a cozy and rejuvenating sleep experience. Embrace the importance of comfortable sleepwear and enjoy the benefits of a good night’s rest.
LINKS & THINGS
Shop everything in my post here: https://shopmy.us/collections/111375
Hydrocool Cooling Down Alternative Duvet Insert West Elm: https://go.shopmy.us/p-999570
Percale Duvet Cover Parachute: https://go.shopmy.us/p-999571
Threshold King Channel Stitch Velvet Quilt Cream – https://go.shopmy.us/p-999572
Ashley Sleep Essentials Plush Pillow Top Hybrid California King Mattress: https://go.shopmy.us/p-999573
Athleta Sleep Rompers: https://go.shopmy.us/p-1001746
Nordstroms Sleep Shirt: https://go.shopmy.us/p-1001761
Modal Striped Long Pj Set – Victoria’s Secret – Vs: https://go.shopmy.us/p-1001765
Modal Striped Long Pj Set – Victoria’s Secret – Vs: https://go.shopmy.us/p-1001768
Women’s Beautifully Soft Short Sleeve Notch Collar Top and Shorts Pajama Set – Stars Above™: https://go.shopmy.us/p-1001782
Women’s Satin Sleep Camisole – Stars Above: https://go.shopmy.us/p-1001786
Shop more of my favorite products here: https://shopmy.us/capturingdestiny
I hope this was helpful for you as we conquer getting good sleep through our bedding and sleepwear.